Get a Guide / Order a Sightseeing Tour in Odessa:    +380678114493

Odessa Sights

Odessa National University Physics Department


This building used to be Fundukleys mansion. Count M.Vorontsov lived here while his palace in Primorskiy Boulevard was being built. His office was also here, and great poet A.Pushkin worked here.

By the end of the 19th century there was a girl school here. At the moment this is the Physics Department of the National University of Odessa.





The building was built in the 1820s by architect F.Boffo and rebuilt in 1878 by architect D.Mazirov (the third floor was added).

The Department has existed since the founding of the University in 1865. For a while (1936 through 1960) it was united with the Math Department. Many renowned scientists have worked here. The author of this web site was a student of this department in the 1990s.


Street Address

42 Pastera Street, 65023 Odessa, Ukraine.

Geographical Positions

E3043'41.6" N4629'19.4" (E30.728222 N46.488722).


Web Links

Last Update


Site Map | Home | About | Services | Accommodation | Tours | FAQ | Tips | Clients | Links | Contact
Odessa | Sights | Dating | Genealogy
 © Igor Kalinin  2005-2018    +380678114493